Losing weight and burning fat is a process that requires attention to nutrition and choosing foods that help us in the correct metabolism of food, which makes it easier for us to lose weight. In this article, let’s learn about the best foods that are beneficial for metabolism and weight loss.
Metabolism _) is the internal process through which your body expends energy and burns calories as the body works around the clock throughout the day to maintain its internal processes when you are resting, sleeping or in motion by converting the food and nutrients you eat into the energy your body needs for breathing, blood circulation, cell growth and repair, and all the other vital processes the body needs to survive.
The importance of a fast metabolism is evident in how easy or difficult it is to gain or lose weight, as a slow metabolism leads to burning fewer calories, which means storing more in the form of fat in the body. For this reason, some people find it difficult to lose weight by simply reducing Calories, while a fast metabolism burns calories at a faster rate, which explains why some people eat large amounts of food and don’t gain weight.  
Foods that boost metabolism and lose weight
Certain nutritious foods enhance the metabolic process, resulting in effortless and rapid weight loss, and include the following:
- Eggs: Protein is one of the most effective nutrients for increasing the metabolic rate because the body needs to use more energy to digest it, unlike fats or carbohydrates.
- Flaxseed is a fiber that is fermented in the intestines to improve bacteria, which helps maintain a healthy metabolism and may protect against obesity.
- Hot pepper: contains capsaicin that boosts metabolism, increases metabolism, and gives a sense of satiety. Capsaicin stimulates your hormones and increases heart rate, thus urging your body to burn calories faster.
- Drinking coffee every day and avoiding adding milk and sugar to it is good for your metabolism because it helps you burn more calories.
- Grapefruit is associated with weight loss due to fiber and its effect on insulin levels necessary for metabolism.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to meals increases body temperature, metabolic rate, and helps control appetite.
- Chicken breast: It is a good source of lean protein, and chicken consumes more energy to absorb, digest, and process all nutrients, thus burning more calories.
- Cottage cheese: It contains essential vitamins and minerals, protein, and is low in carbohydrates and fats, which boost metabolism. You can eat it with fruits, vegetables, or nuts.
- Spinach: Spinach plays an important role in regulating blood levels and blood pressure. It is also rich in iron, the main factor that promotes metabolism.
- Almonds: Almonds contain essential fatty acids that can help speed up the metabolism in the body, but eat them in moderation because they contain a lot of calories.
- Lemon: It enhances the metabolism, which allows for burning more calories. You can drink a glass of water with lemon juice in the morning or add lemon to foods such as salad.
- Lentils are one of the best foods to increase metabolism, as they contain protein, fiber, zinc, magnesium, and other minerals, especially iron, which the body needs to complete the calorie-burning processes.
- Apples contain a wide range of vitamins, the most important of which is vitamin K, an important factor in the metabolism process as it performs protein metabolism, promotes healthy blood flow, and is also rich in fiber and water, which helps with satiety.
- Dark chocolate: eating a piece of dark chocolate daily improves metabolism because it is rich in fatty acids that help increase the metabolic rate and thus burn calories faster.
- Lentils are rich in iron, which facilitates the flow of oxygen through the body, which keeps the metabolism rate high and increases energy production.
- Green tea: Green tea increases metabolism by 4% over a 24-hour period and makes you burn an additional 70 calories. Drinking 3 to 5 cups of green tea daily helps to get rid of fat.
- Ghee: Natural ghee made from pure cow’s milk increases the feeling of satiety, enhances the metabolism process, and helps in losing stubborn fats in the body. We recommend eating ghee with eggs or protein and avoiding eating it with carbohydrates.
- Cinnamon: It contains thermogenic properties, which means that it raises the body temperature and encourages it to start burning calories. Cinnamon also reduces your craving for sweets. It is recommended to take a quarter of a teaspoon of cinnamon powder daily.   
Tips for increasing metabolism
Some effective steps can lead to an increase in the metabolism in the body, which helps to burn more calories and lose weight, and they include the following:
- For high-intensity exercise, for example, when walking or jogging, speed up for 30 to 60 seconds, then slow down to your usual pace. Repeat for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Eat more protein, such as meat, poultry, and fish. Your metabolism increases the more you eat protein. Protein also has a higher thermic effect compared to fats and carbohydrates because it takes your body longer to burn and absorb protein.
- Care should be taken to eat healthy, natural foods and to stay away from processed foods that are rich in sugar and its substitutes.
- Sleeping enough, between 7 and 9 hours a day, helps the body heal and regulate hormones.
- Manage stress because constant stress makes the body store energy instead of burning it, and stress increases your desire to eat more unhealthy foods.  
Eating foods such as eggs, chicken breast, flaxseed, coffee, and apples boosts metabolism and leads to weight loss.